Building Backlinks With Submission Sites – What You Should Consider
As you probably know, a good source of backlinks is using Directory Submission, Press Releases, Articles, Forums. Still, this method fails in providing quick PageRank boost due to the fact that Google takes into account only one inbound link from a certain root domain.
Basically you’ll get the PR benefit from a submission platform just through the first link pointing back to your website; the future ones are only useful for generating traffic.
But then again, there is no such “magic formula” that will guarantee you dominate your niche in SEO instead, it is required to have a well thought out strategy for doing this; and submission platforms must be taken into account.
Getting backlinks from submission sites is an indispensable method, especially if you’re starting out and have no link juice to share or trade with your potential link partners.
Making the most out of this link resource is the reason why I wrote this article. Let us start.
Guidelines to submitting your business website to submission directories
There is no doubt we are witnessing a downfall in directory submission quality, but there are still a handful of them that are worth submitting your business to, such as Yahoo Directory, DMOZ, Best of the Web, Gimpsy and Search Sight.
Here is how to do it:
1. ensure that your website has a professional design;
2. test for broken links; major flaw, that diminishes the chances your website is accepted;
3. test for broken images;
5. insert a recent copywriting notice on every page of your site;
6. give a realistic description of your site and always deliver what you promise; for radical updates in your website, make the necessary changes in its description;
7. vary your description throughout multiple submission directories, but don’t affect the essence;
8. don’t keyword stuff your website’s title or description tag;
9. respect the guidelines for each submission directory;
10. choose the category which best describes your website’s niche;
11. go for regional categories if your business permits; the “regional” in every niche has high acceptance rates.
Guidelines for building backlinks with press releases
The results you get with a press release campaign depends on those who pich up the press release. Press release are a great source of one way backlinks. Here’s what you should consider:
1. a smart way for writing press releases is to customize an existing article from your content pages and make it more newsworthy;
2. use an impersonal and objective tone in your writing; advertisments and subjective opinions will not get editorial staff’s approval;
3. direct reader’s attention to your website as a source of complementary information on the topic;
4. preferably, work with paid directories; the free ones have major disadvantages such as no-follow links or no link submissions at all. I recommend using PRWeb, PRLeap, PRWeb Direct and 24-7 PR.
Getting backlinks from forums
Search for those that allow links and do-follow links.
Also, be sure to avoid counter-productive behaviour like terrible typos, solid rocks of text, poor headlines, excessive quoting, “pimping” signature files, pushing links and philosophical replies, to name just a few.
Guidelines to follow when using Article Submissions to build backlinks
Another great way of getting one way backlinks to your website, limited only by frequency and quality of the work you put into it.
Here is a short starting guide:
1. chose a topic related with a broad category or page in your website;
2. make your article between 400 and 800 words. Evenly distribute your targeted keywords across the body text;
3. make your content extremely informative but incomplete;
4. composes an incentive resource box with a backlink to your targeted webpage having as an anchor text the keyword you’re optimizing the page for;
5. submit your article to directories with high PageRank and most importantly, with high traffic volume, a.k.a. Alexa Ranking. The top 50 A.D.s can be found at: vretoolbar.com (/) articles (/) directories.php#
Before you passionately check your traffic stats, make sure you’ve submitted at least 25 articles (per directory, if you’re also interested to know which directories produce results). Massive traffic can be obtained once you’ve accumulated around 250 articles.
If you have a handful of highly trafficated articles, consider starting a linking campaign for them and improve their authority in SEs. This will be reflected on your targeted webpages.
Other alternative backlink sources can be sponsoring and advertising on blogs, joining charity groups and, highly profitable, establishing cooperative relations with dot.orgs and dot.edus websites.
About the author: Cristian Lungu is a network Marketer constantly perfecting his skills. He writes http://trafficcpanel.com/